Hello my name is Claudio Rodríguez, self made and ongoing software developer. I believe that paying performance penalties in exchange for a higher level language is rubbish and that we need to keep digging to find proper ways to abstract, design, and construct.
Here are the languages I am most profficient with as of 2014
C++WPF/.NETHTML 5 (NodeJS, JS, HTML, CSS3)
I like to focus on the priorities of our customers. While my main area is Software Development, I like to build whatever is necessary to take us to the next level.
Epicor June 2014 - Present
- Allowed to check for updates of software for all customers possible creating Retrieval Utility, a Cross Platform Solution in C++.
- Allowed for continuous integration of the Retrieval Utility using the SCons build system.
- Allowed for regression testing of the Retrieval Utility creating a structured Solution that had a project that would automate every Test Suite.
- Created silent installations by migrating the installers from exe to msi.
- Redesign for flexible production time to create an installer by coding reusable parts of installers.
Projects 2013 - Present
- Tracked every personal project for desktop and mobile by creating my personal Blog in a responsive platform that allows great visuals.
- Share knowledge while learning by creating the Study Series, a project that involves providing detailed solutions to great books that uses LaTeX, MathJax, and HTML 5 to allow fast deployment, new content, responsive design for mobile and desktop, great visuals, and fast addition of content to keep the maintenance where it matters.
- Managed to create Installer Dialogs using relative positiion and reusable components by creating an utility that parses positions and formulas into static positions. (WixRelativeDialogs)
- Protected and developed Dental Place's customer brand by developing customer access control system based on the colors and designs of the rest of the company. (DentalPlace Access Control)
AMI GE Automation & Control Innovation June 2012 – June 2014
- Redesign for flexible production time to create a manual by creating a Manual Creation System using Python, LaTeX, and HTML5.
- Reduced code complexity by communicating with the developer using Boost Static Assertions that raise Compilation Errors instead of runtime Errors.
- Reduced code complexity by separating C structures into smaller pieces.
- Reduced processing time by changing implementation to Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP).
- Increased test coverage by created unit tests for DigitarcPX3 Embedded system using CPPUnit.
- Clarified features by keeping manual up to date.
- Reduced customer support by 30% by creating elaborate tutorials for our common configuration mistakes and redistributing them to our customers.
My College education has helped me shape some interesting skills.
Tec de Monterrey Campus Monterrey2010 - TBD MSc with specialty in Artificial Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Algorithms
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- Fuzzy Logic and Probabilistic Systems
- Distributed Systems
Tec de Monterrey Campus Sonora Norte2005 - 2008 Bachelor of Engineering Mechatronics Specialisation
- Lean Manufacturing
- Digital Control
- Materials Technology
- Materials Mechanics
- Machine Analysis and Design